Human Resource professionals are being asked more & more
"strategic," or to act as "internal consultants." Regardless of the terms
used, a common business imperative is that HR professionals must work
with management to help move the business forward. To perform this role
successfully, HR professionals must possess strong consulting skills in
addition to their traditional HR skill and knowledge base.
The Consulting Skills Workshop supports the "inter nal consulting" role by
helping HR professionals:
- Develop and refine their consulting strategy.
- Clarify and utilize various consulting roles with customers.
- Conduct effective situation assessments and clarify customer needs.
- Identify and work through challenging situations.
- Establish clear expectations and win-win agreements.
- Form effective partnerships with line management.
The Consulting Skills Workshop is a highly inter active workshop
that provides participants with the skills and tools to enhance their impact
as inter nal consultants. Participants will practice the skills and concepts
learned in the workshop through inter active class exercises, including real
world, role-play simulations that provide an opportunity for participants to
experience both the consultant and customer perspectives. Throughout the
workshop, participants will incorporate their own current business situations
into the class exercises.